Are you looking for a fun and rewarding place to work? Join our Dominion Team Today!
Summary of Responsibility:
The Cook works in conjunction with the Dining Services Director to meet residents’ needs in producing quality nutritional service outcomes and quality care in accordance with all laws, regulations, and Dominion standards.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards for safe food preparation, service and storage; proper use of machinery and equipment; and infection control.
- Keeps the Dining Services Director informed regarding any unusual incidents or issues regarding residents, team members, or the community.
- Remains knowledgeable on ordered diets (i.e. therapeutic), as well as food textures and follows diet changes as directed by the Dining Services Director in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares for the shift by reviewing information/reports.
- Sets up and sanitizes the work area.
- Practices safe knife handling and keeps knives sharp.
- Thaws and cools foods according to requirements and maintains appropriate temperatures for cold and hot foods.
- Prepares meals that are tasty, appetizing in appearance, nutritionally balanced and appropriate for each resident.
- Practices on-going cleaning and follows cleaning schedule for all kitchen areas.
- Maintains equipment as required.
- Keeps the kitchen organized in a safe, neat and orderly manner.
- Receives and stores food items in a safe, sanitary and timely manner.
- Ensures the kitchen is prepared and food and supplies are readily available for the next meal.
- Restocks product and supplies after meal service is complete.
- Closes the work area at the conclusion of operation.
- Assists in keeping Dining Services within budget by controlling waste.
- Notifies the Dining Services Director when supplies are needed.
- Assists other departments with programming and activities as needed.
Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification, Age Requirement:
- Prior healthcare and food services experience is preferred.
- Must successfully complete a valid food service sanitation course and maintain the certificate.
- Must obtain valid Continuing Education credits as required by the State of the community.
- Experience with seniors and especially cognitively impaired seniors (those with Alzheimer’s or Dementia) is preferred.
- Approved criminal background check, physical, drug screen and TB skin test is required.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
Job Type: Full-time
How To Applyhttps://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=cook&jk=f21d67a799e49727&_ga=2.233052190.1639616976.1540560818-1698614512.1538679524