JOBSUMMARY:The person responsible for providing clean tableware isthe dishwasher.
Dishwashers scrape, sort, and stack the dishes, and thenload them into dishwashing machines. Dishwashers fill the machines with soapand turn them on. When the dishes are clean, dishwashers unload them and putthem in their proper places so that other kitchen workers and waiters andwaitresses can find them.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Thislist of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded toinclude other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary fromtime to time.
- Adheres to Wilderness at the Smokies standards for guest service.
- Dishwashers work in every establishment that serves food, including restaurant, buffet, hotel, coffee shops.
- Dishwasher scrape plates & soaks silverware.
- Responsible for washing large pots and pans.
- Responsible for other cleanup jobs. Sometimes they clean floors, cabinets, sinks, and counter-tops.
- Cleans and maintains kitchen as directed by management in conjunction with Health Department policies & procedures.
- Reports any observed or known safety hazards, conditions, or unsafe practices & procedures to management immediately.
- Occasionally they perform some of the tasks of dining room attendants such as clearing tables and assisting waiters and waitresses.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.