SUMMARY: Responsible for providing Poolside/bar & Grill service, taking guests food / beverage orders, input orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff. Ensure superior customer service. Bartending experience helpful but not needed. Knowledge of drinking laws also helpful, must be of leagal age to serve alcholic beverages. Self starter with outgoing personality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Serves as Host to renters and occupants of wilderness at the smokies private cabanas
- Checks renters in and out, in accordance with resort policy.
- Prepares cabanas for rental each morning and ensures proper cleanup and security each night
- Prior to opening ensures cabana fixtures and furniture are organized, in working order and that reserved units have fitted toweled chaise lounges. Has daily newspaper from lobby kiosks
- Delivers ice and bottled water to each occupied cabana as assigned
- Communicates rental charges to front desk
- Summons pool deck wait staff as requested for food and beverage service
- Continually checks with occupants as to their special needs
- In absence of pool deck wait staff or in the event they are busy, serves as cabana wait staff.
- Delivers deluxe towels, one per person for each occupant to a maximum of 12, to each cabana
- Straightens and cleans cabanas as they are vacated throughout the day.
- Policies cabanas for furniture moving violations and tactfully moves it back to its proper cabana or area.
- Tactfully enforces cabana rules as established. When cabana occupancy is low is less strict on the rules.
- Has hand, charge slips available for walk-ins to sign authorizing room charge for cabana rental.
- Host must communicate via phone walk-in room charges to front desk before confirming rental to walk-in. Confirm with desk that cabana is taken out of inventory for walk in.
- Delivers signed charged slips to front desk to ensure proper posting and charge verification.
- Maintains visibility and a presence at all times to ensure cabana occupants receive optimum service.
- Alerts manager on duty to any problems or guest concerns that you are not sure how to remedy.
- Wears proper uniform at all times
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- The Food & Beverage staff are required to wash their hands on a frequent basis to ensure cleanliness of the Food & Beverage operations.
- All other duties as assigned by management.