• Food/Beverage Service Worker Permit, where applicable.
• Requires 6th grade math level.
• Requires 6th grade language level.
• Six months to one year serving experience preferred.
• Read, write and speak English fluently.
• Meet minimum age requirement of jurisdiction.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
• No employee will pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Meet service quality standards that affect guest satisfaction; respond to guest questions or problems in a timely, professional manner.
• WORK HABITS: Meet the hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, attendance, and punctuality; report to work and return from breaks on time; give advance notice when absence is anticipated; require typical amount of supervision; accept work assignments without complaints.
• PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Accept opportunities to learn new skills, improve performance or cross-train for other hotel positions; solve routine problems that occur on the job; ask questions when not sure how to complete something; learn new skills as quickly as most others in the same job.
• SAFETY AND SECURITY: Follow the hotel’s recommended safety, security and emergency procedures; follows hotel procedures for key control, lifting heavy objects and/or using chemicals; reports potential security risks and hazardous conditions to management.
• FOOD/BEVERAGE PRESENTATION: Prepare and arrange food or drinks that are attractive and appetizing to the guests; receives few complaints about the food served; inspect food being served; meet service standards.
• STOCKING: Stock according to service standards; inspect to ensure stock is adequate before beginning functions; know what items are not available to guests; re-stock the self-service areas as food and beverages are consumed to prevent shortages; replace and rotate stock correctly; keep table condiments stocked during service functions.
• Constantly. Complete side work to include preparing garnishes, stocking cold areas with cream and butter, filling and stocking salt/pepper shakers, separating linen, etc.
• Constantly. Display basic knowledge of cocktail and wine service.
• Constantly. Display knowledge of food preparation.
• Constantly. Displays knowledge of special and standard menu items and their ingredients.
How To Applyhttp://www.parkvista.com/gatlinburg-hotel-jobs.php https://www.davidsonhotels.com/careers.aspx