As a Security Officer at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, you will act as an instrument of all established corporate and resort policies in the execution of the CFI, Inc. Safety and Security Program.
About Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa:
Adjacent to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the most-visited national park in the country, Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, provides an amazing work environment with refreshing mountain breezes and spectacular views of the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains. As a member of the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort team, you will meet and engage with guests who have arrived to enjoy all the Great Smoky Mountains have to offer and help them experience our world-class amenities such as the state-of-the-art Wild Bear Falls water park.
- Provides the initial response to all incidents of a police, fire or medical nature and act accordingly.
- Responds to any security related complaints and takes the appropriate actions.
- Maintains a uniformed security presence at specified company interests.
- Manages entry and exit control points at designated properties or assigned locations.
- Monitors a proprietary monitoring station or front desk (fire alarm panel) as required by law and monitors Security Surveillance System.
- Conducts safety inspections as directed by policy and established procedures.
- Maintains individual security activity records, checklists and logs and writes detailed and accurate incident reports.
- Performs lost and found inventory control tasks.
- Performs traffic control and parking enforcement duties as required.
- Acts as a team player and completes other tasks as assigned in order to ensure the success of the security team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or one to three months of related experience is required.
- A Tennessee Class “D” Security License and a valid Driver’s License.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required and a background check will be conducted.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all guest, team members, and levels of management.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize concerns and duties.
- Problem solving skills and understanding of detailed instructions and company policies.
- Must be able to frequently stand and walk and regularly ride a patrol bicycle, run short distances, negotiating several flights of stairs without stopping, and standing for prolonged periods of time in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions.