Highly motivated individual who has some experience in the commercial construction industry.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, written logs, email, computer, iPads, and others
- Physically lift up to 100 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions;
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Must be able to travel to the jobsite(s) as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
Hourly employees who have been employed by D&S Builders, LLC full-time (average at least 30 hours of service per week) for a period of 60 days are eligible to enroll in the D&S Building, LLC group insurance program the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
New employees have 30 days from their eligibility date to enroll in the plan. Coverage elections can only be added or changed if you have had the following status changes:
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation
- Birth or adoption of a child
- A change in your spouse’s employment
Otherwise, you may elect coverage or make changes to your plan during the annual open enrollment.
Insurance Benefit Paid by D&S Builders, LLC
Employees meeting the above insurance eligibility requirements are eligible to have a percent of the employee’s Medical/Vision Insurance premium paid by D&S. D&S contribution will be based on the premium to cover the individual employee only. The employee is free to add his/her family to the plan. However the employee will pay the full cost of the premium. All premiums are deducted on a pre-tax basis helping to lower your taxable income.
- The current contribution schedule is: 80 percent (D&S) / 20 percent (Employee)
At the sole discretion of D&S Builders, LLC, the above contribution schedule is subject to change during insurance change/renewal/enrollment periods.
All Hourly full-time employees who’s hire date is 60 days prior to the holiday (average at least 2,000 hours annually) will receive the following paid holidays.
Paid Time Off
All Hourly full-time employees: (average at least 2,000 hours annually) are eligible for PTO after one year from their hire date.
- Can take anytime
- Must be used in 8hr increments
- Superintendents sign off
- Must be submitted to office prior to time off
Our “PTO Year” is based upon anniversary/calendar year. This means that your PTO begins one year from your start date and resets every January 1st and ends on December 31 each year afterwards. Hourly employees who have worked consecutively for 1-3 years receive 3 PTO days. Hourly employees who have worked 4 consecutive years or greater receive 5 PTO days. Anniversary years are based on prorated scheduled***
- 1st year anniversary:
- January 1st – April 31st 3 days
- May 1st – August 31st 2 days
- September 1st – December 31st 1 day
- 4th year anniversary
- January 1st – June 30th 2 days
- July 1st – December 31st 1 day
How To ApplyOnline or in person
Related Jobs (2)
Wellness Nurse (LPN) -Full and Part-Time 2nd Shift on February 22, 2021 Full Time