Douglas Cherokee Economic Authority Head Start
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience cooking for Head Start or similar program preferred.
- Responsible for daily food service in the center, grocery shopping, and compliance with CACFP requirements.
- Will assist with food-related activities in the classroom.
- Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license, transportation for work-related duties, and liability insurance. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Professionalism in regard to Confidentiality is essential.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and serve breakfast and/or snack and lunch each school day.
- Order, receive and store food as delivered by suppliers.
- Check invoices against items delivered to ensure accuracy of the invoice and charges.
- Maintain a sanitary, attractive kitchen which meets all federal interagency day care standards.
- Prepare food in a manner which retains nutritional value, looks appetizing, is appealing to children, and follows cycle menus as developed.
- Keep proper reports and records (food purchases, inventory, food production, menu changes, and meal counts) in order to comply with all USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program requirements.
- Purchase needed groceries at the grocery store and be able to transport and carry heavy items/groceries from the store to the kitchen.
- Assist in classrooms or on playground on occasion for staff breaks.
Hours and Benefits: Full-time, 30.0 hours/week; Non-Exempt.
How To ApplyPlease visit www.dceaheadstart.org to apply
Related Jobs (2)
Wellness Nurse (LPN) -Full and Part-Time 2nd Shift on February 22, 2021 Full Time