The Life Enrichment Assistant is responsible for assisting in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing the activity programs to ensure that the spiritual development, emotional, recreational, and social needs of the residents are maintained on an individual basis.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards for Life Enrichment.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and two-way communication with residents and resident representatives; observes residents for significant changes and adverse reactions or conditions on an on-going basis and submits information for resident records on an informative and timely basis.
- Keeps the Life Enrichment Director informed regarding any unusual incidents or issues regarding residents, team members, or the community.
- Follows changes as directed by the Life Enrichment Director in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares for the shift by reviewing information/reports and setting up the work area(s) in a timely manner.
- Meets with administration, medical and nursing teams, and other related departments in planning activities.
- Fulfills responsibilities for assisting and enhancing the resident activity program to provide social stimulation and social interaction, as well as spiritual enhancement among residents and team.
- Assists in developing a written plan of monthly activities and publishing a monthly activities calendar.
- Cultivates leisure time activities such as games, arts, crafts, movies, etc.
- Assists in developing activities which enhance physical exercise such as bowling, walks, etc.
- Leads daily exercise classes for residents and provides hydration afterwards.
- Assists in coordinating special events with marketing.
- Assists with maintaining and storing inventory and supplies in a designated area with clear and labeled bins, ensuring easy access by team members.
- Keeps the work areas organized in a safe, neat and orderly manner throughout the program and at its conclusion.
- Assists in gaining team assistance and participation with programs.
- Helps coordinate in-house special events open to families and friends, e.g., special parties, holiday meals, etc.
- Assists in decorating community with a monthly theme.
- Assists in assessing and updating the residents’ lifestyle needs and set measurable goals with observable approaches.
- Involves the resident’s family in planning activities when possible.
- Assists in maintaining and enhancing the volunteer program and the training and support of volunteers.
- Encourages hobbies and crafts and assists in preparing materials.
- Assists in compiling and maintaining an activity schedule, available projects, crafts, resources, etc.
- Assists in obtaining information concerning the residents’ backgrounds to better provide activities to meet their needs.
- Assists in providing library service for residents through cooperation with the local library.
- Drives bus to activities and appointments.
- Assists with coordination of transportation for residents in conjunction with the Health and Wellness director.
- Assists in keeping Life Enrichment within budget by controlling waste.
- Assists other departments with programming and activities as needed.
- Notifies the Life Enrichment Director when supplies are needed.
How To ApplyFollow the link below: https://dominionseniorliving.vikus.net/jobs/pYlCjjc-R0ajquDBc6mXZQ