Prepares all raw food and ingredients for the line cooks who assemble and cook it so that it can be served to the customers in a tasty and visually appealing manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive deliveries and store food in refrigerator and freezers.
- Rotate stock in containers to maintain freshness. Assure labeling of all stock.
- Clean food preparation areas and remove garbage from the kitchen.
- Make lists of items that need to be ordered and assists in keeping the kitchen organized.
- Prepares the ingredients for cooks to prepare the entrees that are offered on the menu.
- Wash, chop, grate and slice vegetables according to daily prep schedule.
- Prepare meats and cuts to the appropriate portion sizes. Assist in cleaning the kitchen before the end of each scheduled shift.
- Fill in running food or cooking when the kitchen is short-staffed.
Qualifications and Requirements
Professional appearance with strong written and verbal communication skills required with an understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Must be willing to work holidays and weekends. Hours vary according to occupancy and events. Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel and bend with the ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
How To ApplyPlease go to our website www.margaritavilleislandhotel.com and choose the "Careers" tab at the top right-hand corner.
Related Jobs (5)
F/T & P/T Sales Associate – WonderWorks & Alcatraz East on October 26, 2020 Part Time