The Wellness Resident Assistant provides routine daily nursing care and services that support the care delivered to residents requiring long-term or rehabilitative care, in accordance with the established nursing care procedures and as directed by the supervisor.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards for nursing care and infection control.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and two-way communication with residents and resident representatives; observes residents for significant changes and adverse reactions or conditions on an on-going basis and submits information for resident records on an informative and timely basis.
- Keeps the Wellness Director informed regarding any unusual incidents or issues regarding residents, team members, or the community.
- Prepares for the shift by reviewing information/reports, such as care plans, daily and follows care plan changes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists residents with personal comfort activities and hygiene services (bathing, shampooing hair, skin and nail care, dressing, feeding, shaving, oral hygiene, toilet assistance and cleaning of soiled resident) according to personalized care plans and daily assignments.
- Assists residents with daily routines and housekeeping tasks that the residents need assistance in performing, such as straightening the resident’s room each day.
- Removes all soiled linens from rooms; changes bed linens, towels, and wash cloths once a week or as necessary.
- Responds promptly to residents’ emergency call signals and follows up with appropriate responses; makes rounds to check on the safety and security of residents.
- Assists the resident when transferring or moving to various areas within the community or to transportation vehicles.
- Takes and records vital signs of residents (if certified as a CNA).
- Maintains documentation which reflects wellness care provided, the resident’s response to care and disposition of each case.
- Performs resident assistance with meals and between-meal nourishment.
- Assists in keeping the Wellness department within budget by controlling waste.
- Keeps work and storage areas neat and well organized.
- Notifies the Wellness Director when supplies are needed.
- Provides input to the formulation and evaluation of standards of care.
- Participates in the identification of team educational needs.
- Assists other departments with programming and activities as needed.
How To ApplyPlease follow the link below: https://dominionseniorliving.vikus.net/jobs/YSwOv68zNkS0qMWfCqk76Q
Related Jobs (1)
Wellness Nurse (LPN) -Full and Part-Time 2nd Shift on February 22, 2021 Full Time