Job Summary: The Retail Secretary plays a major role in the following areas: Payroll, Human Resources/Insurance and Financial. Maintains a positive company image by being courteous and professional in all situations with customers and employees, and is responsible for store operations in the absence of management .
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Compile weekly payroll and submit to Corporate Office
- Monitor each department to ensure proper coverage
- Report to management any incidents while on duty
- Handle customer complaints as needed
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Maintain absentee reports and employee calendars
- Conduct initial interview for position openings
- Process applications on potential candidates
- Responsible for sign-up of new employees, orientation, and training
- Perform general daily office procedures
- Complete weekly price adjustments
- Assist financial department, sales floor and stockroom as needed
- Plan weekly schedules for department associates
- Order supplies for office and departments
- Answer incoming telephone calls as assigned
- Run store errands as needed
- Operate cash register as needed
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Complete other duties assigned by management
Special abilities, required skills, or education needed to perform the essential job functions: Prior knowledge of office machines, bookkeeping skills, personnel procedures and some supervising experience.
Physical demands of the job: Bending, stooping, lifting, and standing for long periods of time.
How To Applyhttps://www.indeedjobs.com/hamricks-inc/jobs