Responsible for the supervision of security personnel assigned to events; ensuring all incidents (safety and security) that occur on-site are properly handled and immediately reported to GM, AGM or management on duty (MoD).
1. Supervise event operation of security personnel; complete daily deployment sheet for each event based on the schedule created by management; outline specific post assignment and specific duties for each officer; ensure officer(s) are on post at the required time; notify the MoD regarding any changes in staff schedule and collaborate with MoD regarding replacement or other options for unfilled positions; attend all preshow or event security meetings; relay event information to the security staff for the show, informing MoD of any concerns or unusual requests; manage public safety, employee or guest conduct issues that occur during their assigned shift. Oversee the resolution of the incident, gather all necessary information linked to the occurrence, documenting the details of the incident in both E-mail to the GM and the Director of Corporate Safety & Security and enter in the official computerized records management system within 12 hours of the occurrence.
2. Direct operational aspects of security officers; monitor security staff to ensure all company policies are being adhered to; assist in the training of new security officer as it relates to the restaurant and event side of security operations; monitor the appearance of the security staff; ensure the required attire is clean, pressed, and the officer’s personal appearance and grooming standards is professional; represents the brand with good standing; utilize sound judgement for scheduling officers to work in the restaurant and/or for an event. Review officer’s time and attendance, report discrepancies to the GM or AGM; schedule required breaks while ensuring all security positions are manned throughout the event, to include any post dedicated to the restaurant.
3. Manage show and event security requirements based on client request and/or perceived need by venue management; brief security on event specifics; ensure staff report to their assigned post on-time; perform continuous observation within the venue for any potential safety or security issue (physical altercations, unsafe situations, violations of building policy, high levels of intoxication, etc.) that arises and report to the issue and resolution to the MoD. File the appropriate documentation; perform credential checks as required and monitor credential policies are being followed; ensure company policies are being adhered to, to include but not limited to: guest & employee safety & security, building integrity, alcohol awareness, etc.
4. Report all incidents that occur on property with as much accurate information that can be gathered. This information should be entered into the reporting system within 12 hours of occurrence.
5. Collaborate with Gatlinburg PD Officers and first responders on all emergency calls, coordinating the handling of the incident and recovery afterward. Consult with the MoD to determine if prosecution is required or necessary. Notify the Corporate Director of Safety & Security of any potential prosecution or arrest.
6. Coordinate hiring off-duty law enforcement personnel from an approved roster with GM or AGM as needed.
7. Oversite of security staff-selecting, including interviewing, disciplining security staff, and executing annual evaluations.
8. Oversees building physical security, including magnetic locking system / ID key cards, and compliance with standards of documentation and state and local regulatory compliances.
9. Other Duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of verified Security, Law Enforcement or Military experience required.
- Experience with entertainment/hospitality venue and crowd control is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with Excel and Word programs
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in handling and diffusing stressful scenarios; i.e verbal or physical confrontations
- Ability to work extended hours with some physical stress
- Capability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Required valid CPR certification or attain certification within 90 days of start date
- Must have valid State of Tennessee Unarmed Security License or attain license in accordance with state law
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record may be required
- This position requires a pre-employment drug screening
How To Applyhttps://careers-rymanhp.icims.com/jobs/1459/security-supervisor---ole-red-gatlinburg/job